My first time - Cornbread

Yes, yes, I know.  Anybody paying attention to the time stamps is aware that I've posted one post right after the other.  Why?  Because I've made both of these with very little time between them. 

Tonight I made cornbread and it was easy so I thought that I would share. 

This is will also be the second imperfect results post.  Why bother making a post about something that came out wrong?  Because part of these blog posts are for my friends who have difficulty cooking.  If you want technical, completely homemade, and wonderful, you need to talk to my friend Jammie or visit a recipe site.  He made a homemade vegetable potpie today from scratch for his lunch.  I asked him why he does not have his own food blog.  For the second time.  For the second time he did not answer me.  Go figure. 

However, this is completely homemade yet not technical, but that's what can make cooking fun.  As discussed with Jammie today, cooking is about feeling it with your heart and soul.  If you don't think you can cook chances are you can't, but that's because you don't believe in yourself and you aren't trying (got that Chas?)
Too dry

Cornbread - possibly Southern Cornbread


Ingredients:

Self-rising cornmeal
self-rising flour
1 egg
milk
oil
Too much milk

optional: corn, jalapeno peppers, cheese


Directions: 


1. Put in 1/2 cup flour and 1/2 cup cornmeal into a bowl. (Measurements not exact because I was doing what my mom told me to do and she has these metal measuring scoops...)
2. Break the egg into the bowl.
3. Pour in 1/2 cup of milk.  More might be necessary, like it was with mine.  
4. Mix
Just right
5. In a skillet, heat up a small amount of oil.  When the oil has heated up...
6. Pour batter into the skillet
7. Cover.  
8. When the surface begins to look like when a pancake is ready to flip (done but still slightly shiny on top) flip the cornbread. 
9. Let finish cooking for a few minutes.  Not long.  
10. Remove from skillet. 
11. Add butter to cornbread and enjoy.  Yeah, yeah, yeah, not everybody likes or needs butter...that's why this is not in bold.  It's not a necessary step or helpful commentary.





Cover

Smooth into the skillet



It fell apart.


about to flip











I can't seem to get my pictures to act right, but this is close enough.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected Discoveries - Homemade Things from Fruit

Left-Handed Calligraphy - Getting Started

Making Paper Roses