One Pot Dishes #1


One Pot Wonders!


My turn to cook dinner rolled around again and I had been searching Pinterest for ideas.

No...don't groan. This is NOT Pinterest inspired. This is a one dish meal and a variation on a standby classic.

I wanted to limit the carbs and have something that would travel and reheat well for my sub job tomorrow.

I call this:
I forgot to grab the broccoli before the picture.

One Pot Wonder

Ingredients:

Boneless chicken breasts (used 3)
Chopped broccoli (1 bag, but Dad requested more afterwards)
1 smoked sausage
Pasta of choice (penne)
Sauce of choice (Alfredo)

Directions:

1. Start the pasta water. Get it boiling.
2. Cut up the smoked sausage. We tend to pick it out of the meal so I cut the rounds in half.
3. Cut up the chicken into chunks.
4. Cook. The smoked sausage is already cooked, but cooking both brings out the flavor. Stir occasionally.
5. While this is cooking, cook the pasta.
6. About 6 minutes before the pasta is done add the broccoli to the pasta. You don't want the broccoli to get too mushy.
Pasta and Broccoli
7. When everything is cooked (The pasta is no longer tough. The chicken is not raw. The broccoli is no longer frozen. The smoked sausage is heated.) mix everything together.
8. Add the sauce (easy way - jar, complicated - homemade). I didn't add a lot, just enough for flavor.
9. Serve.

Remember to make certain that your sauce matches the meat. Chicken and Alfredo meshes. I also made the pasta portion smaller than portions of the other ingredients.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected Discoveries - Homemade Things from Fruit

Left-Handed Calligraphy - Getting Started

Making Paper Roses