In the Land of Cupcakes, part 2

After delivering the Oreo cupcakes to Jackie, she was nice and shared with her family.  This lead to my first order.  I should clarify, my first paid order. 

This cake:





was a favor for one of my wonderful Betas, Megan, for her daughter's birthday.  It was my first sheet cake and I was nervous until I was able to taste it. 

I think next time I'll actually do some piping instead of trying to save time by making the little stars and balloons in advance. 

However, the Oreo cupcakes actually led to a paying order.  14 cupcakes, half golden Oreo and half chocolate Oreo.  The catch, regular chocolate icing...I was tempted to ask, 'Then why do I need the Oreo?' but didn't.  I think I asked if K was certain that she did not want the Oreo icing.  She was certain. 

So I made them:






Naked cupcakes













Dressed cupcakes







However, that still left me with a lot of batter left to do something with.  Hello, time to experiment. 

So these babies





became chocolate raspberry












and these became strawberry.









And the best part, all I did was add flavoring!  The yellow cake mix had strawberry flavoring added and the chocolate fudge had raspberry added.  Flavor until happy.  And they smell wonderful.

 And all of the extra chocolate icing...












was simply added on top.


And I still have a lot of the chocolate icing left. 

Yes, the icing was from scratch.  Why would I do that any other way when I have my grandmother's icing recipes on hand?  And don't forget Alice in Bakingland who was not happy with the double batch of icing that Grandmother had assured me the mixer could handle. 

And now, to take a break from Cupcake Land, deliver the experiments to my Betas, and prepare to deliver my first paid order tomorrow.  Hopefully it won't be too hot tomorrow.  I have a drive and will be on edge the while time. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected Discoveries - Homemade Things from Fruit

Left-Handed Calligraphy - Getting Started

Making Paper Roses