English Muffin Pizzas

I can honestly say that I never thought about making this fairly cheap version of mini pizzas that some college students make when they are feeling creative and want to do something in the kitchen.  At least some of my friends did. 

So the other night, at 27, I wanted to do something different.  Sadly, sometimes different is not always completely creative, not like some of my cupcakes that I can concoct.  I also wanted pizza. 

Instead of taking the time and making a pizza from scratch (I wanted to make something, not drive 10 minutes to the nearest Little Ceasers and pick up a pepperoni or cheese ready-made pizza!) I decided to try that little recipe that I had rolled my eyes at many years ago.  After all, how hard could it be. 

So first, it was time to get the ingredients:

English Muffin Pizzas

1 (or 2 depending on how many are being made) packages of English Muffins, halved. 
1 jar of pizza sauce (I was being creative, not making things completely from scratch)
various pizza toppings (I used mini pepperonis and a packet of Canadian bacon (really, it's just ham)
cheese

Easy right?  Although anything could actually work on them.  Pick your own toppings. 

I know I probably looked a little nutty wandering up and down the grocery aisles at Walmart, going back and forth each time I realized that I had forgotten something.  (The greeter actually told me to have a nice day and it was the second time I had seen her.  Why did they move the greeters away from the actual front of the store [at least at my store] and back to where they could miss half of the people coming through [if you cut through the bakery]?) 

So there I was, going back and forth, back and forth, calling home to make certain that we had something and that I did not have to buy it, and checking my grocery list twice.  I still forgot things, but not for the English Muffin Pizzas!

But that's just me.  I forget things.  And I ramble.

I get home.  I stall for a while.  I go shoe shopping with Megan.  I go dress shopping with Megan only to discover that what I was looking for was sold out.  I go scoop out the cupcake competition.  I ignore a million texts from various people while thinking about the shoes that I had bought to go with the dress that I did not buy, how sweet the cupcake is, and rant about recent failings in the romance department.

Then I go home.

This is how easy these pizzas are.

Instructions:

Make sure you have a big enough cookie sheet.  This is important because you want as few oven exchanges as possible.

Cut the English Muffins into halves.  Think sandwich, not semi-circles.

Spread pizza sauce over cut side (not the uncut side, that goes on bottom).

Top with cheese.

Top with pizza toppings.  (The Canadian ham went first because it was bigger and the mini pepperonis became smiley faces.)

Top with more cheese. (I love cheese.)

Bake on some random temp for about 5-7 minutes.  You are just heating things up.  Everything is already precooked (or should be) so that is not an issue.  I think I set the oven on 450.

Set oven to Broil for a few minutes, melting remaining stubborn cheese and making things nice and toasty.  

Remove, turn off oven, and enjoy.   


And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the fine art of English Muffin Pizzas.  Perfect for college students, kids, and the random adult who only wants to spend a grand total of  about 20 minutes on cooking.  Yes, 10 minutes of prep and about 10 minutes in the oven.  And the only reason it took so long putting things together was because my knife was not quite sharp enough. 

In that oven time a simple salad can be made to compliment the pizzas and keep you from a carb overload.  Especially if you had a really rich cupcake less than an hour before you started making the pizzas. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected Discoveries - Homemade Things from Fruit

Left-Handed Calligraphy - Getting Started

Making Paper Roses