DIY - Vapor Rub Shower Cubes

In my exploration of diy beauty recipes I stumbled on this vapor rub shower tablet recipe from The Homespun Hydrangea (click link for her recipe and blog).

My sinuses are horrible.  I mean horrible, so these vapor rub cubes are nice for when I hope into a hot shower to help get things draining.  And the work! As long as I put them in just the right place in my shower.

The HH recommends in a dish near the drain, but that didn't work for me.  That little soap "dish" spot next to the bar in my shower was the best spot for me.


What You Need

3 tablespoons of your prefered vapor rub.
1 cup cornstarch
2 tablespoons water

1 ice cube tray
Mixing bowl

Optional - blue and green coloring


Instructions

1. Mix vapor rub and cornstarch until well blended.  The more you mix it the more the vapor rub will loosen up.

2. Once mixed up slowly add the water until it forms a thick paste.  Also add a few drops of blue and a few drops of green coloring at this point.

3. Put in the ice cube tray and freeze. 

4. Remove and use.

The blog recommends keeping the unused cubes in the freezer.  I find this helps them keep their shape.  Once they start warming up the cubes start losing their shape.


By the way, the blog I referenced includes a bath bomb and a bath soak recipe.  I'm planning on attempting the bath bomb later.

Hope they work for you.

Stay tuned next week when I start showing the basic stitches of crocheting!

Alicia


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected Discoveries - Homemade Things from Fruit

Left-Handed Calligraphy - Getting Started

DIY Brown Sugar Vanilla Body Scrub