DIY Sugar and Salt Scrub Cubes

I seriously might have to make some more of these.   They are so easy.



You. might be asking, 'Why can't I just put my scrub from the other posts into an ice cube tray and be done with it?'

Why? They won't harden up.  This recipe calls for melt and pour soap.

For these I did two different recipe attempts.


First up -

 Lavender Sugar Scrub Cubes

Ingredients

1/4 cup coconut oil (or your preferred oil)
1/4 cup melt and pour glycerin soap
10 drop lavender fragrance or essential oil
1 cup sugar

Wow! I've been using a lot of sugar lately!




Directions

Measure out your coconut oil and put in a microwave safe bowl or measuring cup.

The melt and pour glycerin soap block I bought came in sectioned cubes and I cut four cubes off and grated the cubes.  For a 1/4 a cup I ended up grating 1 cube, but I suspect my measurement was a bit off.  You can also cut the glycerin soap into small chunks and melt that way.  My math suggests each cube is 2 oz.



Add soap to coconut oil and melt at 10 second increments.  We don't want anything to burn or make a mess in the microwave!  Stir after each heating.  Heat and stir until fully melted.



This is the point where I added the color and fragrance - purple and lavender.

Have your molds ready.  I used ice cube trays.

Mix in the sugar.  Once fully incorporated fill into your molds.



Freeze for 30 minutes to harden the glycern soap.  Remove from trays - I used a butter knife to loosen the cubes up and pop them out.

Store in an air tight container.



Vanilla Lavender Sugar and Salt Scrub Cubes 

This one is slightly different.

Ingredients

1/2 sugar
1/2 cup sea salt or Epsom Salt
7 drops vanilla fragrance
7 drops lavender fragrance or essential oil
1/4 coconut oil or your preferred oil
1/2 cup melt and pour glycerin soap

You'll follow the same directions for the Lavender Sugar Scrub Cubes.



Why the difference in melt and pour glycerin soap between the two recipes?  I wasn't certain that the ratio was right with the first recipe.

The difference - the recipe with less melt and pour glycerin soap was thicker.  The recipe with more was thinner and made 2 more cubes.  They appear to have set up the same.

*Update* After 24 hours the salt and sugar cubes have softened up considerably while the only sugar scrub cubes have remained firm.

Stay tuned Saturday for my attempt at 'swirled' melt and pour glycerin soap

Alicia



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected Discoveries - Homemade Things from Fruit

Left-Handed Calligraphy - Getting Started

DIY Brown Sugar Vanilla Body Scrub