DIY Brown Sugar Vanilla Body Scrub

It's a new year and everybody has their goals.  Resolutions.  To-Do list.  Whatever it is you want to call it.

Getting into shape happens to be one of the most popular resolutions.  It's unbelievable how many people came to my gym for new memberships while I was working out the other day!

One of my goals is to do better concerning my blogs.  Fingers crossed.

Today we are starting off the year with a DIY Body Scrub.  It's a new year and what a better time to take care of yourself?




A quick google search found this DIY Brown Sugar Vanilla Body Scrub from Fiber Artsy.  It's a fairly easy recipe and you most likely have these ingredients in your own kitchen!

Ingredients Needed

1 1/2 cup brown sugar

1 cup granulated sugar

1 cup of oil (think coconut, sunflower, olive oil, or any other beneficial oil - meaning not vegetable or canola oil)

1 tsp vanilla fragrance or vanilla extract

I also recommend a container.

Note*  I used coconut oil, a vanilla fragrance used for soap, and a container a little over 8 ounces.   I  also cut the recipe in half AND couldn't fit it all in my container.



Instructions

Again, I cut the recipe in half.  First I blended 1/2 a cup of coconut oil to soften it up.

Then 3/4 cup of brown sugar and 1/2 cup of granulated sugar joined in and I realized that the bowl was too small for the mixer (with whisk attachments) but it was too late to change bowls.

Then, I added in a few drops of the fragrance.  The original source states 1 tsp, but if you are using a soap fragrance add-in or essential oil it might be too much.  As I type this the house still smells like brown sugar vanilla.   The original source states you can use vanilla extract...

Now, that would be perfect if you have kids who like to try your soap.

Once everything is in the bowl mix well.  I blended everything together with the hand held mixer before switching to the spoon.



I then used that spoon to transfer the body scrub mix to the container.



The best part - aside from the smell - the sugar exfoliates and the coconut oil mosturizes!  Also, everything - if you use vanilla extract - is edible.  Although I'd rather use it instead of eating it.

Assembly time? Less than 10 minutes.

Check out Fiber Artsy for more DIY including more DIY Beauty Recipes (there is an active link where I originally referenced my recipe source).

Until later when I tackle body scrub cubes, enjoy and have a Happy New Year.

Alicia

*Update*  This body scrub does not have any soap in it.  While you do have to wash away the sugar and, in my case coconut oil, you will still feel soft skin afterwards.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected Discoveries - Homemade Things from Fruit

Left-Handed Calligraphy - Getting Started