Waffle Iron Adventures.

Unlike the next post, I really will post about both adventures.  So, spoiler for the Cake Pop Pan Adventures.  Sorry.  I know I really should post both the good and the bad, but on the off chance that my favorite hermit decides to investigate, I really don't what him to be an indirect witness to my cooking disasters. 

BUT this, this is workable. 

I like waffles.  They are under appreciated in this house mostly because of 1. we did not have a waffle iron until Christmas (and the parents won't again when I finally get to move out) and 2. pancakes are easier to make (according to my mom).  That did not stop me for trying to convince the parental units to get a waffle iron for about as long as my absence from my blog. 

I also have to admit that Pinterest did not help matters.  That picture of cinnamon roll waffles makes me wonder what else is possible if I just look for it. 






 Regardless.  My very own waffle iron. 







 







My second waffle. (The instructions say to throw away the first waffle because it has all of the oil from where it's been oiled.) 






As for my second Adventure in the world of Waffle Irons...yup...cinnamon roll waffles.  And while I dearly wish that I had a picture (camera was full) that I would not have to hunt down via pinterest, save to my desktop, and then use...I'll just say that they turn out a little bit darker than the pinterest picture and while the instructions say not to press down, I found pressing down just a little bit, once or twice, helps.  And yes, one run can turn out four 'waffles' at one time and it is much quicker than making cinnamon rolls the traditional way.  I also noticed that I didn't use all of the provided icing either, so there is that less-sugar (but not necessarily healthier) benefit.  They are also just as messy. 

They do not, however, work as well the next day, so eat them all that day or make them in the morning and wrap up any leftover dough and save that. 

Now, off to ponder what my next  adventure will be.  Organization? Cooking?  Something from Pinterest?  A Valentine's Day Picnic (if the weather holds)?   More geocaching?  The options are boundless. 

In the meantime, wonderful readers and friends, the next couple of posts are me catching up from June. The geocaching one is the first one that I wrote tonight.

Hmmm, maybe smoothies. 


Suggestions are welcome. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected Discoveries - Homemade Things from Fruit

Left-Handed Calligraphy - Getting Started

Making Paper Roses