Cake Pop Pan Adventures





Isn't it pretty?  I joined the cult of cake pop makers, only I didn't want to have to take the forty million steps that traditional cake pops have in making them and I wasn't too fond of the texture on the inside.

Some day I'll learn about taking short cuts (as evidenced in my Coke Cake post).




 BUT my first recipe was not for cake.  I made...MINI CORN DOGS!  Yum right.  The only questionable thing in that whole thing was the hot dogs.

 So first I made the cornbread.  Simple, right?  We are in the south. Cornmeal, buttermilk (from the previously made Coke Cake - you'll eventually get to it.  It's next.), some oil, milk...I don't remember.  I usually just ask my mom and she'll tell me.  But, I really can make it.  Have the recipe somewhere, but that's the thing, each family has their own cornbread recipe.  Use that.  
 I then filled up the cups using a pancake pen.  Really cheap at Walmart.  Make sure you grease the pan.  I know it might not seem like it needs it, but it'll add flavor the the cornbread

Then put the hot dog pieces into the cornbread, close the lid and bake.  I think I did 350 for about 15-20 minutes.  Shouldn't take long.  






Ta da!   Aren't they pretty?  And good too!  Those little funky shaped pieces on the plate is the cornbread that came out of the holes in the top of the pan.  











As for my round two cake pop pan...because you are probably thinking...adventures...there's more.  Oh boy is there more.  But no, no more pictures for Cake Pop Pan Adventures.  While it worked when I made cake pops I realized that I really do not like melting chocolate/candy disks.  I do not like sticking sticking in said melted mess, sticking them into the cake, having to reheat the melted mess, and then dipping the cake pops into melted chocolate mess.  I'll stick with pretzels thank you.

Round three will probably be using the pan to make 'donut holes' or cake that look like donut holes dipped into a glaze, heated icing, drizzled with homemade cinnamon roll icing...

Speaking of which...off to blog about the waffle iron.  Can't wait to get caught up. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected Discoveries - Homemade Things from Fruit

Left-Handed Calligraphy - Getting Started

Making Paper Roses