How NOT To Pack For A Trip

We've all seem those infographics on Pinterest on how to pack.

Go with the staples
Shoes on bottom
Trial size bottles

Right...

So, I very rarely get to go on long-distance trips for longer than a few days.  Weekends at my Uncle's house before his divorce. Overnighters for a Saturday wedding. Random little trips that are within a reasonable amount of driving time away from home.

I swear the last long-distance, long-term trip was in the 8th grade for the New York City chorus trip. (We didn't place by the way.)  That was....oh...about 16 years ago...and we had set outfits we were required to bring.

That's not to say I haven't traveled...I have...but my travel-to bucket list has more unchecked places than places checked off.

I really should work on that...

Regardless...I'm looking at at least a week long trip to Texas this week. I'm actually not certain how long I'll be staying.  (Thank goodness for best friends.) I really am at a loss of what to pack.

Jeans? How many?
Shorts - check.  She does have a washing maching.
Capris - check
Shirts. Tank tops. Swim suit.  - check, check, and check
Tennis shoes, flats, sandals - again, check, check, and check

Seems easy.  But sometimes I'm a girly girl that likes her dresses and skirts more than pants  (shorts and capris included).

What dresses might I want to wear? The new stary one of course. Need a black dress. Which polka dot dress? (Love polka dots.)

And skirts.  My navy? Red? Gray? Black?

What am I going to wear with them? 

Accessories.

Then there's toiletries. My make up. Hair supplies. *note to self - don't forget curling wand.

Then, as a creative person I need my laptop, writer's notebook, crafting notebook, shop notebook.

As a bookworm what books do I pack...not counting the kindle.  I need my study booms for the History Praxis in July.    What else might I be in the mood for?

Seriously, this is how you don't pack for a trip.

Have a game plan.
Check the weather reports.
Try to keep with one color scheme - browns or blacks (it'll help keep down the number of shoes you pack)

It's not like Texas doesn't have stores in case I forget something. 

So my silent readers. Now is the time to speak up. What Pack Do's and Don'ts do you have or recommend?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected Discoveries - Homemade Things from Fruit

Left-Handed Calligraphy - Getting Started

Making Paper Roses