Crab Cake Cresent Rolls

Sometimes it's really interesting to see real life mirror experimenting in the kitchen.

Some of my friends are aware that I didn't get the job I was hoping for; maybe it's for a reason that I'm not yet aware of, but it gets old constantly trying for a position and never getting a chance to prove yourself at this job.

So, what do I do?  Sit there and cry about it?  No. Okay, maybe I did for a few minutes.  No, I'm going to adapt. I'll take the Praxis tests for Economics and American/World History because I can, even if I don't use the endorsement. At least I tried, right?

What does this have to do with the kitchen and cooking? Easy.

Today I attempted crab cakes.  I don't particularly like crab cakes, but I thought I could make them without the green onions.  I don't like green onions.

See evidence picture number one.  They fell apart. 

Now, these are for dinner. I have a bowl of crab meat mixture mixed up and ready to be fried, but I didn't add enough binding or something. Maybe my ingredient ratio was off. We know I'm not that great at measuring out ingredients sometimes. 

I decided to adapt.  Cutting my crescent roll dough into squares, I filled them with the crab meat, closed corners, and put in a muffin tin just to help hold things together.

It's already evident that holding this recipe together isn't my strong suit.

Bake at 350 for 8-9 minutes. 

Ta da! Crab meat dumplings. Crab meat pot pies. Crab meat filled crescent rolls. Whatever you want to call it.

Crab Meat Filling

1 pound crab meat - flakes, shredded, just make sure it's in managable chunks
1 tablespoon mustard
1 tablespoon mayo
Season to taste - onion powder (unless you like green onions), garlic powder, pepper.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected Discoveries - Homemade Things from Fruit

Left-Handed Calligraphy - Getting Started

Making Paper Roses