Baked Salmon

Has it really been over a year since I last posted?   No, reader, not much has actually changed in the last year.

Moving on...

I spend a fair amount of on social media apps managing my etsy stop. It was one of these...okay,  fine, I was on Facebook and I have several cooking blogs that I follow.

This one particular blog featured Parmesan Herb Crusted Salmon.

Easy enough AND delicious.

Now, I did "cheat" and use frozen salmon, but it was still good. I just had to thaw it out.

Parmesan Herb Crusted Salmon

1. Preheat oven to 420.
2. Line a cookie sheet (I used a cake pan) with parchment paper. This helps with clean up.
3. Put salmon on pan, cover with parchment paper, and bake for 10 minutes.

Now, this is where I had an issue. I removed the salmon and there was this white stuff coming out of it. It does in fact have a technical name, but it's fine. This white stuff is the protein cooking out of the salmon. The internet said that soaking the salmon in salt water for ten minutes can help reduce this.  I just scooped it out.

4. While this is baking, mix garlic (3 cloves minced, but I used garlic powder), Parmesan cheese, and parsley.  

Admittedly,  I did not measure. I sprinkled some garlic powder, cheese, parsley, then more cheese until I was happy.

5. Once the salmon is out, cover with the cheese mixture.
6. Continue baking for 5 minutes or until the internal temp is 130 degrees. The cheese should be turning a light golden brown.

Remove from the oven and enjoy.

This can also be done with chicken for the people who don't like fish.

I paired it with dinner rolls, a salad, and the smashed potatoes from a previous blog post.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected Discoveries - Homemade Things from Fruit

Left-Handed Calligraphy - Getting Started

Making Paper Roses