A New Challenge - A New Beginning

Two blog posts in one week...I know, right? 

Part One

I've decided to take on a new challenge: marketing myself.  To be exact marketing what I create in order to sell some of the physical products.  Check out the FB and Etsy links in the navigation bar on the right. 

I've linked everything together.  It made sense.  Maybe it'll make me actually post on Recipe Thursdays.  Create more and post the how to's and what nots.  Here's hoping that when subbing picks up I don't let things falter.  Here's hoping that this Etsy shop reboot has better results than the first time.

Yes, I create.  I create a lot.  I suspect that I have a little bit of ADD.  Yarn. Jewelry. Food.  And now polymer clay.  Oh, and the lesson plans, but that is a bit stagnant as teacher position hunting isn't going very well.   It is October, but I still have to pay the bills. 

I'm also feeling like I'm just typing for myself.  It's fine.  It really is.  Everybody needs an emotional release sometimes. 

So, welcome to my "new" beginning as I try to make the ends meet.  I hope that things get better.  I hope that things are better this time around.  I'm tired of selling things at garage sales.  Maybe I'll tackle another flea market, but that's a lot of merchandise that I'll have to make.  Maybe in December.  I'll have to figure out set ups and everything else. 

December is a good time for scarves and blankets.  Knickknacks.  Christmas presents.  It'll be something to seriously consider if I can get the money. 

No, I won't post pictures of my Etsy shop projects.  Why?  Because that's what the FB page is for: in process, pending, preview, promotion.    I just can't keep making things and keeping them.  I'll run out of space.

So, what's the purpose of the blog?  DIYs.  Pictures of recipes. Pinterest experiments.  Non-marketable creative projects. 

That being said. 

Part Two

My inspiration was a link that one of my friends posted on his Facebook wall: dice dragons.  To be exact, dice dragons by dragonsandbeasties.  While she is currently unable to sell any of her dragons (she had a baby!) she has an excellent gallery to look at on her deviantart page (dragonsandbeasties of course).  

Those awesome pictures got me wondering if I could make one of those dragons.  I looked everything up.  I looked up tutorials (again, dragonsandbeasties owner had a lovely youtube tutorial).  I looked up pictures and examples.  I studied her page.  

I made three dragons, each one better than the last.  I won't be selling dragons.  I don't want to step on anybody's creative toes.  You have to be fairly important to me in order to get a dragon.  Unless they are a mini dragon.  I might make mini dragons.  (Don't tell the Hermit, yet.) 

After dragons were teddy bears - a project that I'll have to further explore and develop later.  Those bears were good.  Even my picky grandmother was impressed and it's difficult to do that.  

Then came the fairy scenes.  They were stuck in my head.  I had to get them out.  Now that they are almost complete (the last scene has to be baked and sell pictures have to be taken of all of them) I have to start thinking of sell dates and prices.  

I might be a newbie sculpter of polymer clay but I did a pretty decent job.  Not that I want to keep making people, but my next idea needs people too. (It's top secret at the moment.)   So many ideas, so little space.  

Now, for bed so that I can practice my crafts and hope for sells tomorrow.  

Good night all!

-A  
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected Discoveries - Homemade Things from Fruit

Left-Handed Calligraphy - Getting Started

Making Paper Roses