Potatoes: a pinterest inspired dinner part 2


Potatoes

Just simply potatoes.
Potatoes baked in Chicken Broth, Garlic and Butter
<-this inspiration.="" is="" my="" p="">


Fresh out of the oven. 











                                 This is the my result. ->




There is quite a difference between the two, but this is what happens when you are given limited instructions (I could only find the ingredients).

My oven was busy with the broccoli and chicken bread (previous post - tonight's part 1) so I thought I'd do some stove top cooking and then put it in the oven.

The desired results might not have occurred, but they were good regardless.

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons butter
Garlic (I used garlic powder)
2 cups Chicken broth (enough to cover the potatoes)
New potatoes (I used 2 cans, drained)

The steps:

1. Bring butter, garlic, and broth to a boil
2. Add potatoes and let cook
3. Remove liquid (save it...it's flavored broth. Use it to make soup or something. Nothing raw was cooked in it.)
4. Put potatoes in oven-safe pan (cookie sheet, oven-safe cooking pan, cast iron. Best if you started off using it.)
5. Put in oven. I did 10 minutes and then put on broil to try for a crispy skin. (Laughs.) This step is optional; the potatoes are already cooked and flavored.
6. Serve.

With the broth mixture in the oven. I drained it later.
Meanwhile, I'm going to look for the recipe I originally wanted to make.










Oh, and my collage project. :) And the fabric that I mentioned in my previous post.



By the way, I fixed the comments so that you don't have to be registered to comment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected Discoveries - Homemade Things from Fruit

Left-Handed Calligraphy - Getting Started

Making Paper Roses