Pizza Bite Biscuits

No much to look at but delicious
It has occurred to me that I have not posted anything in a while.  My sewing projects just need photos and I have one of two ideas on my phone, also in need of photos.  I also find myself on Pinterest pinning way too many pins to try at some point in my life.

Tonight it is Pepperoni Pizza Puffs, or Pizza Bite Biscuits as I want to call them.  It was made for Megan as we prepared to watch the Opening Ceremony of the Olympics (awesome opening show by the way).

For starters, I did make a few adjustments to the recipe.  I did a half a cup of ham and a half a cup of pepperoni.  I was also out of Italian Seasoning and did not use salt.

Megan comments that she wondered if some pizza sauce could be added into the mix (she used ranch as a dip instead of the pizza sauce and I opted for no sauce.) and that it needed more cheese.

Let me also point out that I used a regular muffin/cupcake pan instead of a mini pan, not because I don't have one, my mom does, but because 1. Megan had a regular muffin pan and 2. I wanted the bigger ones.

I also packed the dry ingredients in baggies and found that shaking the bag made mixing easy, but don't mix the wet and dry ingredients in the baggie.  That would make a big mess.  Anyway, I did find this on Pinterest and traced the source back to lickthebowlgood.blogspot.com which probably originally came from the Food Network.  With that sourcing done my English Major/College Career habits can remain content.






I'm just going to copy and paste the recipe because it's perfect as it is and why mess with perfection? The photos are mine.

And now, the recipe.  Perfect for dinner, party food, and kid food.  Five had me full.


Pepperoni Pizza Puffs
adapted from Everyday with Rachael Ray and Cassie Craves

  • 3/4 cup flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
  • pinch of salt (my addition, optional)
  • pinch of red pepper flakes (my addition, optional)
  • 3/4 cup whole milk
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 cup cubed pepperoni
  • 1/2 cup store-bought pizza sauce



1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 24-cup mini-muffin pan. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, Italian seasoning, salt and red pepper flakes (if using) ; whisk in the milk and egg. Stir in the mozzarella, Parmesan and pepperoni; let stand for 10 minutes.


 2. Stir the batter and divide among the mini-muffin cups. Bake until puffed and golden, 20 to 25 minutes.




3. Meanwhile, microwave the pizza sauce until warmed through. Serve the puffs with the pizza sauce for dipping.

NOTE: All my batter did not fit into the 24-mini muffin pan. So I made a full size muffin with the leftover batter. Some pans are larger than others so you may not have have an issue.

Blurry and I can't do any re-shoots...my share were eaten.

 I wonder what other variations are possible.   Regardless, try them, you won't be sorry.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected Discoveries - Homemade Things from Fruit

Left-Handed Calligraphy - Getting Started

Making Paper Roses