Addicted to April the Giraffe

I'll admit that I'm not one of those people who gets glued to the nature videos, but there is just something so addictive about watching the Animal Adventure Park's April the Giraffe camera. 

I did not have a clue about this camera until Dobby the Giraffe was born and the headline that they used to grab the readers attention.  Yes, while the world was watching April, Dobby was born.  Only Dobby is not April's baby for those unaware. 

April is still pregnant, and I certainly feel sorry for this mama.  The world is watching her.  Ever watch the comments more than the video feed?  United States.  Canada.  United Kingdom.  I'm sure there are a few more checking in and stating their locations while I'm not watching the feed or the comments. 

And while April is standing completely still, Oliver - her mate - tries his hand at stealing the show from one stall over. 

Before people start protesting.  April does get feed, checked, and watered several times a day.  She is not limited to her 40 foot by 40 foot stall.  Check out the Animal Adventure Park's Facebook page and you'll see her standing in the open doorway refusing to go outside while Oliver looks on adoringly. 

Okay.  Placing human emotions on a male giraffe is.. well, a human thing.  Oliver, the park staff has stated, only wants one of two things - food and... something he got 15 months ago.  He is a young man after all.  ;)

April certain feels safe in her home.  I just don't know how much my cell battery can take watching her on and off during the day when I should be making or writing. 

Alicia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected Discoveries - Homemade Things from Fruit

Left-Handed Calligraphy - Getting Started

Making Paper Roses