One Pot Dishes #2



Maybe I should change my name to the Pinterest Blogger.  No.  I agree.  I’ll remain An Overthinker.  Makes more sense for me really if anybody else cares to think about it; too much thinking for me. 

So, dinner meals in the house are getting a little stale.  Not literally, but there have been a lot of repeats lately.  I really should take on a more active stance in the kitchen, but every single time I try to make something I get usurped and my recipe gets replaced with another recipe that is nothing like that I was going for.  It’s usually more complicated too.  I end up leaving the kitchen and vowing to make another attempt later.

Or I make suggestions and nobody says, “Yes! Try that!”  It’s always ‘meh’ or a shoulder shrug.  Or a kitchen take over.  Makes for a frustrated overthinker. 

One of these, ‘meh, I don’t know’ recipes was for One-Pan Enchilada Pasta.  So I waited until nobody could stop me and they would be thankful that I’d cooked supper when they were so tired from their trip. 

This recipe is supposed to be put into the meal rotation.  It hasn’t yet, but there is still hope. 


I really should look through this lady’s blog more often.  In looking for the link I noticed she did the recipe with chicken later.  Hmmm.

First, I’d like to say that I used ground beef instead of ground turkey.  I’m also going to use her  recipe because I am lazy and I don’t see the point in trying to improve on something so well done. 

Without further ado:

Recipe: One-Pan Enchilada Pasta from No. 2 Pencil. 
Photos: My Own


One-Pan Enchilada Pasta
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4-6

Ingredients
  • 2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1/2 of a small onion, diced
  • 1.25 pounds of taco seasoned ground turkey meat or 1.25 pounds of lean ground beef and packet of low-sodium taco seasoning
  • 2 cups of low-sodium chicken broth
  • 1 19oz can of red enchilada sauce
  • 8oz (about 2 1/2 cups) of dried rotini pasta
  • 2 cups of freshly shredded Colby Jack cheese
  • green onions
  • black olives
Instructions
  1. In a large skillet or sauté pan, sauté garlic and onions in olive oil over medium low heat until softened.
  2. Add ground turkey meat and cook, breaking meat up with a wooden spoon until browned.
  3. Once turkey meat is cooked through, add pasta, chicken broth and enchilada sauce to pan.
  4. Bring to a boil, then reduced heat to low and cover.
  5. Cook on low, with pan covered for about 15 minutes.
  6. Then remove lid and let simmer for additional 5 minutes until pasta is tender and sauce has reduced.
  7. Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup of cheese.
  8. Top pasta with additional cup of cheese and melt under broiler for a minute or tow, or place lid back on pan and let heat from the pasta melt the cheese.
  9. Garnish with black olives and green onions.
No olives because my dad doesn't like them. No green onions because I don't like them. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected Discoveries - Homemade Things from Fruit

Left-Handed Calligraphy - Getting Started

Making Paper Roses